Sunday, September 8, 2013

fall favorites

just a forewarning - none of the items posted below have anything to do with fall.  i just said "fall favorites" because it's fall.  and they both start with f's.  and because i'm not clever or witty enough to come up with cool blog titles.  so, fall favorites it is.

these are just a few of my favorite things right now.  kinda like oprah!  only i have like 87458234579 dollars less than her.  and i've never given anyone a car.  and i only live near chicago, not in it.  and i'm white.  fine, basically i'm the exact opposite of oprah other than the fact that i used the term "favorite things".


numero uno:  my iPhone 5
yeah i know, super cliche', whatever.  but i have to give a shout out to my iphone.  it's my lifeline.  my beacon in the night.  the extra limb i didn't know i couldn't live without until i had it.  i just love you, iphone 5.  you're my bff.  ok fine, slightly dramatic, but i do love it.  and i really do use it for, like, everything.  recently, my bff had something catastrophic happen to her iphone and she could no longer group text with me and our other bff.  it was like she died.  thankfully it was resurrected and we've gone on living life as it should be lived.  sorry, i can't help the dramatics when it comes to my phone.

P.S. just an FYI (are you supposed to P.S. and FYI at the same time? well anyway, i am) - that's not my hand above.  if it were my hand you would see my nails perfectly painted in....



numero dos: Essie Chinchilly
this color is the bomb dot com.  it kinda goes with everything.  i mean, i definitely don't claim to be a fashionista or anything - so i'm probably committing all kinds of fashion faux pas by saying that.  but that's my opinion and i'm stickin to it.  i used to be obsessed with OPI but now i'm a full fledged Essie fan.  i really have no reason why, i just am.  probably because target always has Essie beautifully displayed on an end cap, and i'm a sucker for bright beautiful perfectly organized things.  speaking of perfectly, i have no idea why i said my nails are perfectly painted earlier.  we'll just stick with painted.  and lets not even discuss the mess i make of my right hand.  
oh, by the way (i went with "by the way" this time to avoid the P.S./FYI confusion) - that's not my hand either.  who has time to "perfectly" paint their nails and take a pic of themselves holding the bottle? not me.  i'm too busy cleaning my floor with.....


numero tres: swiffer sweeper vac
like literally, how do mom's that don't have this survive?  i'm not even gonna save this for a "by-the-way-p.s.-fyi" - let's get one thing out in the open - that's not my floor.  ew.  1) what even is that stuff? and 2) leah prefers fruit loops to cheerios.  anyway, this little thing is downright amazing.  i'm mildly OCD (at best) about my house being clean.  so i use this handy dandy tool about 5 times a day.  i honestly don't even remember having to sweep the floor before kids.  i have no idea how that little pint sized blonde with the shirley temple curls i live with destroys my floor all day long.  i swear she has a contest with herself to see if she can drop more things than the time before each time she eats.  it's ok though! because i have my (insert cheesy commercial smile and thumbs up) SWIFFER SWEEPER VAC! 


number four: Urban Decay Smoked eye-liner
(i switched to english because i couldn't remember how to spell quatro/cuatro and spell check only checks english)
this is hands down the best eye-liner i've ever used.  it goes on so nicely, and i love all the colors.  plus, i found the name "smoked" appealing because i always pin those make-up pins on Pinterest that say "achieve the perfect smokey eye".  so i thought that by getting an eye-liner called "smoked" i would easily achieve that look.  not so.  i don't even know what business i have trying to achieve the smokey-eyed look anyway.  where do i have to go that requires a smokey eye?  the answer is: no where.  instead i end up looking like a raccoon driving around in a mini-van.  


number five: Purex Crystals
li-trilly obsessed. (yeah, i know how to spell "literally" but i like to sound british sometimes)
these things smell like pure heaven.  not to discredit God or anything.  I'm sure He can come up with something that smells 928734983475 times better than these in heaven, but for now...here on earth...i'm sure this is what heaven smells like.  all the colors are equally amazing.  i'll take any of them.  in fact, i have one of each in my laundry closet.  and sometimes...when i go to Target and pass by them...i open the lid of each and breathe in their wonderfulness even though i have them at home.  join me, won't you?? oh, and another (and possibly the best) thing about them - my good friend Pinterest told me that you can put these in your Scentsy warmer (if you have one) and your whole house will smell of their amazingness!  that was one of the best days of my whole life when i discovered that.



and, last but not least - number six: wooden pallets
nope, nothing fancy here.  just your regular old wooden pallet.  wooden pallet of ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES that is!!  my house is probably going to soon be covered in projects and crafts made out of wooden pallets because there are so many cool things to be made with them (of course all from Pinterest).  and i have super secret insider access to as many of these babies as i want.  for free.  I am currently (and by I - i mean my super handy husband) working on a project for the kitchen made out of one of these little gems.  I will tell you all about it once it's complete!  I'm sure you can hardly handle the suspense ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment