Friday, September 6, 2013

jeep ≠ truck

as most of you know - i grew up in a small farming town, and one thing i have learned from moving to the suburbs of chicago is that people often refer to any vehicle of the SUV type as a truck.  say what? how does something without a bed or a tailgate constitute as a truck? it will forever baffle me, and i will forever correct them ;) it was odd enough for me to move to a land where boys didn't drive trucks - or even want to for that matter.  then i married one.  it's ok though, he's a good one ;)

so, we were recently in the market for a new vehicle for jeff.  he's pretty into cars.  and by pretty - i mean very.  typically of the smaller, faster, sportier type (despite my many hints over the years about how much he'd probably love a big manly truck, because...well, for no other reason than boys love trucks, right?).
after a lot of looking and many test drives of his typical kind of car, we ended up at a jeep dealership.  for most who know jeff, this comes as quite a surprise.  after much research and deal making - i saw my husband (who bleeds BMW) shake hands with a salesman on a jeep wrangler! a jeep wrangler! that's just a hop skip and a jump away from a truck, you guys!  so i ran around the dealership waving my hands above my head in a champions clasp.  ok, not really, but in my head i did :) what i really did was say, "i'll see you at home, new car paperwork takes way too long for me". (smooch)  plus i had to put the girls to bed.

so, fast forward to the next evening when the girls and i were watching for daddyboy (yes, this is what leah calls him, and on her own accord ha!) to come home from work...he pulls up in his new Jeep.  Leah (my lovely little gem) begins to excitedly and repeatedly shout "DADDYBOY! TRUCK! DADDYBOY! TRUCK!" you can imagine my look of horror.  obviously, i have my work cut out for me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment